The Falling Kimono

Download audio file

The Falling Kimono
For each one of us, there’s a star to discover, and a being within ourselves to bring to life.

– Janeen Koconis

Reflections:
1. Remember a time when your intuition told you something significant was happening, where all of a sudden you felt a deep emotional connection and knew it was time to pay attention in a different way. Describe this event.

2. What was the impact of this event in your life?

3. Who do you love enough to go the extra mile for, to do your very best to care for them? What is the impact in that relationship?

I encourage you to share your responses to the reflection questions in the comments section. Some answers are difficult to say out loud to ourself, let alone the whole world. In order to help you take the first step, I’ve added a new feature to my blog, which will allow you to post as an anonymous guest if you prefer. If you are already logged in, you will need to log out first, and then click the box that says “Post Anonymously.”

With love and gratitude,
Kris King

13 Responses to “The Falling Kimono”

1. Kimono says:

1 – The morning when I got in my car and I heard on the radio the first plane crash in New York. It was the 9 / 11.

2 – At first I thought it was a big joke. Since, I’m closer of God.

3 – Go to see my old mother on weekends. Pride.

2. Melvina Kingsland says:

Outstanding site, helpful info. Thank you with regard to this great article – I will be certain to look through your site much more often.

• Kris King says:

Thank you Melvina for your kind remarks. This is being a wonderful way to interact with people I have never met and share my life experiences. Let me know when you drop by again!
      With love and gratitude,
      Kris

3. Dottie Amys says:

This is just what I was looking for. Thank you so much. Do you provide an RSS Feed I can subscribe to? Please let me know. Thanks again.

• Kris King says:

Hi Dottie,

Thank you for your note. I am delighted that you found me and that you liked what you found.
      There is more for you in the archives and categories at the top of the page.
      The RSS feed is the orange one above to the left of the vertical line.
      Come again.
      With love and gratitude,
      Kris

4. Mindy Lyman says:

Hi Kris,

What a lovely story about you feeling the love, power, and memories through holding a piece of material that brought those memories flooding back like a river, but seeming so real at the time, as if it was happening in the now.

Your story brought back my recent memories, of my two neices that were killed in a car accident, Dec. 11,09, just hours after their Father pasted on of a long term illness. My Sister, Bebe’s, whole family wiped out in one day. When the police showed up with Dixi’s cell phone, they asked Bebe if this was her Daughter’s phone and proceeded to inform her that Dixi & Kristen had been killed at 5:00 pm that evening in a head on accident only 5 miles from her home. They were coming home to help make arrangements for their Father’s funeral. I held my Sister as we cried through our memories. I ended up staying three weeks with my Sister, to make funeral arrangement, and sort through the girls belongs. Bebe gave me a pair of Dixi’s clogs, that I now wear with love and precious memories, of a life that gave so much to others.
    Thank you for your sharing. Your stories always bring healings to my heart.

Love, Mindy Lyman

• Kris King says:

Hi sweet woman,
      Thank you for your touching letter…”a whole family wiped out in one day.” What commitment and courage it takes to face the truth and heal.

I am so happy that my sharing opens your heart. Our memories of those we love are so precious.
      With love and gratitude,
      Kris

5. Marie Kanan says:

Hi Kris,
    You are a great story-teller, and I love listening to your podcasts. They are a nice break in the day for pause and reflection of things that are important in life.
    1) Seeing the kimono on your website made me catch my breath. Before anything else, a picture of my Grandpa passed in front of me, big, kind-hearted, big loud laugh, and a tender soul who always brought his “favorite granddaughter” (and Only granddaughter.. 🙂 something from overseas in his travels while in the Navy. My favorite was the beautiful silk kimono he got for me from Hong Kong when I was about 8. It was red, with green and white flowers, and was soft and cool to the touch. I felt like a princess when I wrapped myself in it. It dragged on the ground at first, but by the time I was grown, it was mid-calf.
    2) It was my comfort robe when all was bad around me. It reminded me of Grandpa and all that was good in the world. All the good memories we had together would help me.
    3) I was diagnosed with cancer last year, and am not quite a 1-yr. survivor yet. I would go the extra mile for my family, of course!…But also all the friends that have helped me this last year and have gone the extra mile for me!

6. Tom Baird says:

Hi Kris, just enjoyed listening to The Falling Kimono and was touched by the story, and even more touched by hearing your voice again. I have such fond memories of the many times I was in your presence and hold you in the highest regard. You are a visioary, a star, wise beyond my knowing. And you have always seemed to hold me in high regard, beyond that which I have ever held myself. It is if you can see the real essential me without the messy surface that occupies my attention. It’s been some tiime since I reconnected with the work that you do, and I’ve been taking some interesting side trips like alcoholism and depression. I’ve now stopped drinking and am beginning to rediscover myself and the world, the many blessings I live with. Nice hearing your voice again. Tom

7. Hi Kris,
    Thank you for this exercise. Here is my response.

1) Ever since I was a young child I dreamed about wolves. I really knew nothing about them. I soon realized that NO ONE “knew” wolves, understood them at a deep social and developmental level. I knew I could obtain a wolf and learn. I knew it would work, no matter what others said. I got LUPEY.

2) This magnificent beast was my companion for eleven plus years, living with me in England, New York, Oregon, and Nova Scotia. He taught me how to observe, how to relate to a creature different from me but one that was deeply social. He taught me that wolves are delicate and sophisticated social beings. I truly learned as much about behavior from Lupey as I have from any other living creature, humans included. He became a treasure in my life. He shared with me. I loved him.

3) So, I will answer your third question by saying I am now compelled to go “the extra mile” to share Lupey’s life with others. Its the book. Its a need to honor him, and thereby honor something deep within me. Something he gave me. But its a book that goes beyond “a wolf”. Its a relationship, perhaps the most profound I have ever had in my own life. Its a relationship that taught me the joys of mystery in our universe. Yes, …..its Lupey. I WILL honor him.